The look and appearance of garden ponds can be enhanced greatly by adding plants, which grow naturally. The intrinsic benefits of using plants in ponds include water filtration, prevention of algae, absorption of important minerals and a safe shelter for various organisms including fish. The addition of plants largely depends upon the overall theme of [...]
Despite the fact that many backyard water gardens are, in a sense, artificial and man-made, every one can be improved and made more natural and “wild” by adding pond plants. Plants provide a number of benefits to fish ponds and whether you live in California, Salt Lake City, Texas, or Orlando, there will be a [...]
Pond Talk Topics
Search Pond Talk
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- Winter Aeration Tips For Large Ponds February 10, 2011
- Pond Weed Control And Treatments March 11, 2011
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Just a follow up to this post, now that we're...
- pondtalk: Hi Bob...the PondBiotix pellets are great to use u...
- Bob: Mark, I have been using Biotix ME this year, is th...
- Mark Washburn: HI Jeff...I think this sounds like a great set up ...
- Jeff Akers: I 've built a Koi pond at the end of last sum...