John writes, “I have a 1500 gallon backyard pond and have installed a uv light in it which was supposed to help with green water problems. It doesn’t seem to be helping very much, and I wondered if I did something wrong?” Answer: Hi John and thanks for the question. Your plan to use a […]
A UV pond filter may be one of your very best options at controlling algae in your small pond or water garden. UV or ultraviolet light is touted by manufacturers as a very good tool for algae control but some of the claims need to be clarified to ensure that this type of device will […]
By definition, a uv pond filter is actually a combination of several different technologies put together in a single package. UV, or ultra violet light is actually not a filter at all, but when it’s combined in a system that also contains a biofilter, you’ll find this array to typically be referred to as a […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...