There are many things that can grow in a large pond or lake. Algae is one of the more common things you’ll find but along with that, or in place of it, a pond weed will take root and sometimes take over a pond or water way. Some of these aquatic weeds can be very […]
Duckweed is one of those pesky aquatic weeds that can be very hard to control once it get’s up to speed in a large pond. It’s fast growing, durable, and often not controlled by just any old aquatic herbicide or treatment. In this article we want to explore duckweed in more detail and help a […]
Some large pond owners find themselves in a battle as pond weeds and algae attempt to take over their ponds. In spring and summer around most of the U.S. it’s not uncommon to see algae growing well on many waters and pond weeds growing below the surface. For some time now, the most likely response […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...