There are many water plants that will play important roles in the health and wellbeing of your pond. One of the major players is going to be floating plants. Floating pond plants play many roles that help with maintenance, but contribute to the health of the wildlife surrounding your pond. Nitrates and phosphates are […]
Water pond plants are essential to your body of water. They will provide nutrients to your water and help balance the water in you pond. There are all types of plants for all types of ponds, but here are a few plants that you’ll want no matter the type of pond you are building or […]
The look and appearance of garden ponds can be enhanced greatly by adding plants, which grow naturally. The intrinsic benefits of using plants in ponds include water filtration, prevention of algae, absorption of important minerals and a safe shelter for various organisms including fish. The addition of plants largely depends upon the overall theme of […]
Despite the fact that many backyard water gardens are, in a sense, artificial and man-made, every one can be improved and made more natural and “wild” by adding pond plants. Plants provide a number of benefits to fish ponds and whether you live in California, Salt Lake City, Texas, or Orlando, there will be a […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...