For small pond owners with fish, there’s one thing you simply do not want to see hanging around your pond. And that’s a heron. In actuality, any type of wading, fishing bird could spell trouble, but Great Blue Herons seem to top the list of trouble makers when it comes to goldfish or koi ponds. […]
Janine wrote in recently with a very common question. She asked, “Can I use swimming pool products in my pond?” She went on to mention that she’s had some algae problems in her pond and had tried chlorine for a time but wondered if something else might help the situation. Answer: Thanks for the question […]
A sick pond fish, no matter what kind it is (koi, goldfish, etc) is one of the most disconcerting things that a pond owner will run into. It’s stressful, worrysome, and can make any fish-loving person have some sleepless nights. For some fish ailments, there isn’t always a simple and easy answer to remedy […]
What you’re about to read may seem far-fetched our just plain weird but did you know that feeding your fish a pea, just once a day for awhile, can help with digestive problems? According to some veterinarians with experience in fish health, it’s possible. One of the signs of digestive issues with fish may involve […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...