One of the most recent devices to enter the pond care market is something called a pond ionizer and it promises to be a relatively affordable and safe system for helping to control algae in small ponds, water gardens, and pondless waterfalls. Ionizers are best known in the air purification market and many “air ionizers” […]
I’ll share a recent and common question that always comes in during the colder months of the year. This one is from Robert who has a small pond that he keeps open year round. He was somewhat surprised to find algae growing in the water, even with the pond being surrounding by snow and the […]
If you’re old enough to remember the original Star Trek TV show, it’s not much of a stretch to look at todays cell phones and chuckle a little bit at the similarities. Technology is truly shaping life as we know it today and it has many benefits. Pond owners aren’t immune to the benefits of […]
Pond algae control honestly isn’t something that most pond owners think of when they’re first starting out. Usually we have visions of a beautiful fish pond full of koi or goldfish, some pristine plants, and a breath taking waterfall. The last thing we think of is everything turning green! The sad reality though is that […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- jennapearl8: Ok so my parents burried an old boat in the ground...
- own bill board: It's difficult to find educated people for this t...
- Pat: The Biotix are great but it is also useful to use ...
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...