Most people that build a small pond or water garden usually want to add fish into the mix at some point. If you want a backyard fish pond there’s one key tool that you can’t afford to overlook and that’s a good quality pond filter. Pond filters are one of those things that will play […]
Solar powered fountains are gaining in popularity as the sun-powered technology continues to improve. For small ponds they may be the best way to economically run a fountain throughout the summer. The following article explores what you’ll need to know before buying one. Enhancing your garden, patio or backyard does not have to be expensive. […]
An artificial, man-made, backyard pond simply can’t operate without a good pump. But what constitutes a good pond pump? In simple terms, when choosing the correct pond pump one needs to know how much water will be flowing through their watergarden system. If you have a waterfall, a more powerful pump may be needed. If […]
A pond liner is essential when constructing a small pond or watergarden. This article will cover some of the benefits of EPDM rubber pond liners and why you might want to consider using one. Many American homeowners across the country are finding the addition of aquatic ponds to make lovely settings for their back yard […]
A fish pond in the backyard is something that many people dream of owning. Yet for all of the relaxing benefits of a small pond, they can also be a source of many headaches if they’re not built or set up right with the proper equipment. In the article that follow’s we’ll cover some of […]
Some large pond owners find themselves in a battle as pond weeds and algae attempt to take over their ponds. In spring and summer around most of the U.S. it’s not uncommon to see algae growing well on many waters and pond weeds growing below the surface. For some time now, the most likely response […]
A solar fountain is an attractive addition to any pond. Just as the name implies, the sun, with the help of a specially designed pump, powers a solar fountain. It not only adds beauty to a garden, but it also saves the considerable cost of electricity involved in running a fountain pump, and eliminates the […]
Keeping koi fish healthy all year round can be easy with just a little know-how. Achieving and maintaining good water quality is necessary, and from there the population will take care of themselves. There are a number of steps one should follow in order to ensure that koi keep their beautiful, entertaining vigor and vitality […]
The look and appearance of garden ponds can be enhanced greatly by adding plants, which grow naturally. The intrinsic benefits of using plants in ponds include water filtration, prevention of algae, absorption of important minerals and a safe shelter for various organisms including fish. The addition of plants largely depends upon the overall theme of […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Pond Lighting For Small Ponds And Water Gardens March 21, 2011
- How To Choose The Best Koi And Fish Food June 23, 2018
- Effective Solutions For Green Water In Small Ponds June 7, 2018
- A New Chlorine Filter For Fish Ponds? May 19, 2018
- Pond Vacuum Reviews – Updated For 2018! May 10, 2018
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- pondtalk: Hi Greg...good question...which, honestly, I'...
- Greg P: I'm considering adding LED flood lights to my...
- jennapearl8: Ok so my parents burried an old boat in the ground...
- own bill board: It's difficult to find educated people for this t...
- Pat: The Biotix are great but it is also useful to use ...