To maintain ponds in a pristine condition, one of the most important things that pond owners need to do is choose the right water pump for their ponds. However, there are so many types of water pumps for ponds that it is easy to get confused and end up buying the wrong one. Choosing the […]
Getting started in pond ownership can be a really fun activity but it’s not without it’s challenges. Beginners are faced with many things, not the least of which is questions about what they might need to care for their new pond, where should they put it, what’s used in construction, and what if I want […]
Rain water recycling is an eco-friendly thing to do. Not only can rainwater be used in general garden care, as well as other household enterprises it can also be used in small ponds and for water gardens. Small pond owners with fish ponds or water gardens may use a lot of water each year just […]
One of the best ways to get inspiration for your own pond layout is to see how other people have designed there own and this one is unique in that it uses a canoe as the main feature.
If you want moving water in a pond, which basically means things like an active waterfall or an effective filtration system, a key component in all of this is the pond pump. Nothing really moves without a good pump. Unfortunately like any mechanical thing, a pond pump can fail, become damaged or broken, or just […]
Although it’s sometimes an after-thought, many pond owners love to spend time around their ponds and relax once in awhile. With that in mind we wanted to cover a few tips that might help you select the best outdoor furniture for making this precious time as comfortable as can be and we wanted to insure […]
There are many water plants that will play important roles in the health and wellbeing of your pond. One of the major players is going to be floating plants. Floating pond plants play many roles that help with maintenance, but contribute to the health of the wildlife surrounding your pond. Nitrates and phosphates are […]
There are many different kinds of rubber pond liners. Not only are there different types of plastics to choose from, there are thickness options, size options, the option to bury or not bury your liner, the choice of doing it yourself or to hire someone to install the liner for you…need I go on? Finding […]
Water pond plants are essential to your body of water. They will provide nutrients to your water and help balance the water in you pond. There are all types of plants for all types of ponds, but here are a few plants that you’ll want no matter the type of pond you are building or […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...