Green water in a small pond can be one of the most frustrating experiences for the pond owner. Once established, and you should know, it doesn’t take very long for that to happen, some folks end up trying all sorts of remedies and potions, without seeing any positive results. So before we dig into the […]
You don’t have to be involved with fish ponds very long to learn that city water ain’t the best water around. Granted it’s nice to have it in easy reach, and it’s been cleaned and processed to remove a lot of potentially problematic things that could harm folks. But for fish (and plants), it’s got […]
We get a lot of questions on pond vacuums, and trying to find one that will suit your needs to a tee is not always an easy task. This is our latest summary of pond vacuum comparisons as found on Amazon. Over the years the selection of vacs has certainly changed and evolved for the […]
To maintain ponds in a pristine condition, one of the most important things that pond owners need to do is choose the right water pump for their ponds. However, there are so many types of water pumps for ponds that it is easy to get confused and end up buying the wrong one. Choosing the […]
Getting started in pond ownership can be a really fun activity but it’s not without it’s challenges. Beginners are faced with many things, not the least of which is questions about what they might need to care for their new pond, where should they put it, what’s used in construction, and what if I want […]
Rain water recycling is an eco-friendly thing to do. Not only can rainwater be used in general garden care, as well as other household enterprises it can also be used in small ponds and for water gardens. Small pond owners with fish ponds or water gardens may use a lot of water each year just […]
One of the best ways to get inspiration for your own pond layout is to see how other people have designed there own and this one is unique in that it uses a canoe as the main feature.
If you want moving water in a pond, which basically means things like an active waterfall or an effective filtration system, a key component in all of this is the pond pump. Nothing really moves without a good pump. Unfortunately like any mechanical thing, a pond pump can fail, become damaged or broken, or just […]
Although it’s sometimes an after-thought, many pond owners love to spend time around their ponds and relax once in awhile. With that in mind we wanted to cover a few tips that might help you select the best outdoor furniture for making this precious time as comfortable as can be and we wanted to insure […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Pond Lighting For Small Ponds And Water Gardens March 21, 2011
- How To Choose The Best Koi And Fish Food June 23, 2018
- Effective Solutions For Green Water In Small Ponds June 7, 2018
- A New Chlorine Filter For Fish Ponds? May 19, 2018
- Pond Vacuum Reviews – Updated For 2018! May 10, 2018
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- pondtalk: Hi Greg...good question...which, honestly, I'...
- Greg P: I'm considering adding LED flood lights to my...
- jennapearl8: Ok so my parents burried an old boat in the ground...
- own bill board: It's difficult to find educated people for this t...
- Pat: The Biotix are great but it is also useful to use ...