One of the most recent devices to enter the pond care market is something called a pond ionizer and it promises to be a relatively affordable and safe system for helping to control algae in small ponds, water gardens, and pondless waterfalls. Ionizers are best known in the air purification market and many “air ionizers” […]
A UV pond filter may be one of your very best options at controlling algae in your small pond or water garden. UV or ultraviolet light is touted by manufacturers as a very good tool for algae control but some of the claims need to be clarified to ensure that this type of device will […]
If you’re old enough to remember the original Star Trek TV show, it’s not much of a stretch to look at todays cell phones and chuckle a little bit at the similarities. Technology is truly shaping life as we know it today and it has many benefits. Pond owners aren’t immune to the benefits of […]
Pond algae control honestly isn’t something that most pond owners think of when they’re first starting out. Usually we have visions of a beautiful fish pond full of koi or goldfish, some pristine plants, and a breath taking waterfall. The last thing we think of is everything turning green! The sad reality though is that […]
Pond algae and aquatic weeds are a common problem for many people. A common question that’s often asked is, can pond dye help? In most cases, the answer is yes. To stop algae and weeds from taking over, pond dye can help get the water cleared up once again. There are many dye products available […]
Is pond dredging the best way to clean and restore your pond? It’s a simple and natural fact. Large ponds and lakes will fill in over time and in time, that grand old pond that once stayed clean and clear, now has algae or other problems. This process is known as eutrophication. One of the […]
Every summer the ponds around us turn green. Some don’t of course but many do and the culprit is some type of pond algae. Algae is on of the oldest forms of life on earth and it thrives when certain conditions are met and farm ponds just happen to have many of these in abundance. […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Pond Lighting For Small Ponds And Water Gardens March 21, 2011
- A New Chlorine Filter For Fish Ponds? May 19, 2018
- Pond Vacuum Reviews – Updated For 2018! May 10, 2018
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Greg...good question...which, honestly, I'...
- Greg P: I'm considering adding LED flood lights to my...
- jennapearl8: Ok so my parents burried an old boat in the ground...
- own bill board: It's difficult to find educated people for this t...
- Pat: The Biotix are great but it is also useful to use ...