Some large pond owners find themselves in a battle as pond weeds and algae attempt to take over their ponds. In spring and summer around most of the U.S. it’s not uncommon to see algae growing well on many waters and pond weeds growing below the surface. For some time now, the most likely response […]
A solar fountain is an attractive addition to any pond. Just as the name implies, the sun, with the help of a specially designed pump, powers a solar fountain. It not only adds beauty to a garden, but it also saves the considerable cost of electricity involved in running a fountain pump, and eliminates the […]
By definition, a uv pond filter is actually a combination of several different technologies put together in a single package. UV, or ultra violet light is actually not a filter at all, but when it’s combined in a system that also contains a biofilter, you’ll find this array to typically be referred to as a […]
Pond heaters are now commonly put into use as winter weather arrives in many parts of the country. And although it’s a simple and affordable device it can pay off handsomely when it’s installed in a small koi or fish pond. For many people, wintertime means their ponds will be shut down, covered over, drained, […]
When you drive by some great looking large ponds, and particularly those on golf courses or commercial properties, it’s not unusual to see the beautiful spray of water from a floating fountain cascading through the air. There’s no question pond fountains are popular and provide a great display. Contrast this to the more covert pond […]
If you’ve ever had to clean your pond out from time to time (and most likely you have) then you know it’s not the most enjoyable job. A pond vacuum can make the task quite a bit easier but it’s important to choose and use the one that’s best suited to your needs and in […]
A fish pond heater is an essential asset to water gardens or backyard ponds for maintaining healthy fish during the winter time, especially when the pond is shallow in depth. Not only do the heaters help in providing the appropriate temperatures for the survival of the fish during winter, they are also efficient in helping […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...