If you want moving water in a pond, which basically means things like an active waterfall or an effective filtration system, a key component in all of this is the pond pump. Nothing really moves without a good pump. Unfortunately like any mechanical thing, a pond pump can fail, become damaged or broken, or just […]
Pond lighting is one of the very best ways to set a particular mood, or highlight certain areas around a small pond or water garden. In this article we’ll provide a few tips and suggestions that will help you choose the right accents for your pond, and we’ll discuss some of the installations that can […]
One of the most popularly searched on pond topics today is for plans or designs on diy pond filters. Homemade pond filters offer a potential cost savings over commercially made filters but a question that many people wonder about is are they any good? Do they really work all that well? The short answer to […]
Of all the pond devices that you’ll see used in a small pond, few have ever been reinvented or replicated as much as a pond filter in the diy realm. DIY of course stands for do-it-yourself and the relatively simple design of most biological pond filters easily lend themselves to someone who wants to build […]
It may come as a surprise to learn that fish need oxygen too. Without it they, just like you and I, would die. Pond aeration, or in other words, using an aerator, is one of the best things you can do for a pond and for fish. A pond aeration system is normally an after-thought […]
Pond vacuums are turning out to be one of the most useful tools in a small pond owners arsenal. By the same token it’s easy to see that in reading the various reviews on shopping websites that not everyone is happy with them. The most important consideration when your choosing a pond vac is to […]
Most people that build a small pond or water garden usually want to add fish into the mix at some point. If you want a backyard fish pond there’s one key tool that you can’t afford to overlook and that’s a good quality pond filter. Pond filters are one of those things that will play […]
Solar powered fountains are gaining in popularity as the sun-powered technology continues to improve. For small ponds they may be the best way to economically run a fountain throughout the summer. The following article explores what you’ll need to know before buying one. Enhancing your garden, patio or backyard does not have to be expensive. […]
An artificial, man-made, backyard pond simply can’t operate without a good pump. But what constitutes a good pond pump? In simple terms, when choosing the correct pond pump one needs to know how much water will be flowing through their watergarden system. If you have a waterfall, a more powerful pump may be needed. If […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Predators And Your Pond Fish April 2, 2012
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- A BIG Pond Project February 2, 2013
- Water Pumps For Ponds – What You Need To Know April 14, 2012
- Pond Supplies And Tips For Beginners April 5, 2012
- Rain Water Collection for Small Pond and Water Garden Owners April 5, 2012
- pondtalk: Hi Rick...yes they might help. Phosphates feed al...
- Rick: Do "all natural phosphate binder" work w...
- pondtalk: Hi Santiago...no, ultrasound has been proven to be...
- pondtalk: Hi Anna, I would just let them be, and they...
- Anna: I have frogs in my small pond and every spring I...