Pond algae and aquatic weeds are a common problem for many people. A common question that’s often asked is, can pond dye help? In most cases, the answer is yes. To stop algae and weeds from taking over, pond dye can help get the water cleared up once again. There are many dye products available […]
Despite the fact that many backyard water gardens are, in a sense, artificial and man-made, every one can be improved and made more natural and “wild” by adding pond plants. Plants provide a number of benefits to fish ponds and whether you live in California, Salt Lake City, Texas, or Orlando, there will be a […]
There are a many things you can add to a water garden to bring color and vitality to it’s appearance but few will have the impact like a well placed display of pond lighting. Add some underwater lighting to a koi pond and your fish will literally shine as they lazily swim along. Many people […]
By definition, a uv pond filter is actually a combination of several different technologies put together in a single package. UV, or ultra violet light is actually not a filter at all, but when it’s combined in a system that also contains a biofilter, you’ll find this array to typically be referred to as a […]
Pond heaters are now commonly put into use as winter weather arrives in many parts of the country. And although it’s a simple and affordable device it can pay off handsomely when it’s installed in a small koi or fish pond. For many people, wintertime means their ponds will be shut down, covered over, drained, […]
Is pond dredging the best way to clean and restore your pond? It’s a simple and natural fact. Large ponds and lakes will fill in over time and in time, that grand old pond that once stayed clean and clear, now has algae or other problems. This process is known as eutrophication. One of the […]
One of the hottest trends for home owners today is the addition of a backyard pond or watergarden on their property. Small ponds provide a wonderful esthetic addition to a home, and they also create a relaxing oasis for people who want to get away from the rest of the world for awhile. When you’re […]
When you drive by some great looking large ponds, and particularly those on golf courses or commercial properties, it’s not unusual to see the beautiful spray of water from a floating fountain cascading through the air. There’s no question pond fountains are popular and provide a great display. Contrast this to the more covert pond […]
Every summer the ponds around us turn green. Some don’t of course but many do and the culprit is some type of pond algae. Algae is on of the oldest forms of life on earth and it thrives when certain conditions are met and farm ponds just happen to have many of these in abundance. […]
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Pond Filters – Our Favorite Designs January 21, 2011
- Ultrasonic Algae Control And It’s Uses January 6, 2011
- Preparing Your Pond For Fall November 21, 2010
- How To Effectively Deal With Pond Fish Problems February 15, 2011
- Pond Lighting For Small Ponds And Water Gardens March 21, 2011
- How To Choose The Best Koi And Fish Food June 23, 2018
- Effective Solutions For Green Water In Small Ponds June 7, 2018
- A New Chlorine Filter For Fish Ponds? May 19, 2018
- Pond Vacuum Reviews – Updated For 2018! May 10, 2018
- The Most Effective Way To Protect Fish From Herons March 18, 2013
- pondtalk: Hi Greg...good question...which, honestly, I'...
- Greg P: I'm considering adding LED flood lights to my...
- jennapearl8: Ok so my parents burried an old boat in the ground...
- own bill board: It's difficult to find educated people for this t...
- Pat: The Biotix are great but it is also useful to use ...